Breastfeeding cookies recipe – to help boost your milk supply!
This recipe for breastfeeding cookies (biscuits) or lactation cookies (biscuits) makes HEAPS! They taste AWESOME and freeze and thaw beautifully!
I baked these a few days before my due date and ended up having so many that I took a container with me to hospital and popped two containers in the freezer. I started eating them soon after giving birth and my milk came in within 2 days compared to 3-4 days with my other bubs. I can’t be certain it was because of the cookies but I’ll credit them anyway! I’m not sure they help too much with losing the baby weight but they sure help boost your milk supply!
Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip & Linseed Breastfeeding Cookies
1 cup butter / butter substitute (margarine or nuttelex)
1 cup raw sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons linseed meal
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats or quick oats
1 cup milk or white chocolate chips
2 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
1. Preheat oven to 180 c (fan forced) 200c (regular oven)
2. Mix together 2 tbs of linseed meal and water and pop it aside
3. Cream butter and sugar
4. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
5. Mix in linseed mixture and add with vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until blended.
6. Sift together dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
7. Stir in oats, then chocolate chips
8. Spoon onto non stick baking sheet or one lined with baking paper.
Bake approximately 10 – 15 minutes (depending on whether you like them crunchy or soft!)
Note: Linseed meal can be found in the health food aisle of your supermarket or at health food stores. Brewer’s yeast can also be found at health food stores. It MUST be brewer’s yeast – NO alternatives.boost your breastmilk supply, boost your milk supply, Breastfeeding, breastfeeding biscuits, breastfeeding cookies, BreastMilk, lactation biscuits, lactation cookies, milk supply